Building an online business
just got a whole lot easier.
Is this you?
- You’re a dietitian who wants to break out of the 1:1 client model and expand your business with multiple streams of passive income.
- You love the idea of building a business online but feel overwhelmed by all the moving parts.
- You’ve been blogging and creating content, but aren’t sure if you’re focusing on the right things.
- You want to earn money online, but it feels like you’re throwing things against the wall and nothing sticks.
- You sometimes feel like a tiny fish in a great big pond, and are struggling to find your “people” and be seen.
- Above all, you crave a life of flexibility and freedom so you can have more time for the things that matter.
Oh hey, that was me too!
And that’s why I created this community.
There’s no need to struggle alone.
And there’s no need to reinvent the wheel.
We can learn from each other!
Introducing The Unconventional RD Business Bootcamp!
A virtual community for dietitians who want guidance and support in building a successful online business.
Enrollment now closed.
Check back in May ’19!
How does it work?
- Join the community and gain access to online trainings, implementation roadmaps, and support from your peers.
- We’re NOT just throwing more information at you. (Cause there’s already enough of that on the internet, right??)
- We want to help you TAKE STRATEGIC ACTION and actually move the needle in your business.
- We’ve got step-by-step guidance, screen sharing tutorials, and advice from other RDs who have DONE IT!
Members of The Business Bootcamp receive access to:
3 LIVE 6-week courses each year, each one focused on an actionable topic that will improve your business.
Step-by-step roadmaps, so you know exactly what action to take at each stage of business.
Monthly Group Calls
Group coaching calls to increase accountability, help you smash through hurdles, and problem solve.
Fillable PDF worksheets to help you apply each lesson to your unique business.
Access to a private community forum where you can ask questions and receive answers from me and your peers.
Exclusive emails to keep you motivated and engaged in your business.
The first three online courses will cover:
#1: SEO Made Simple – Learn how to create content that ranks well in Google.
(Cause better rankings = more traffic, more eyeballs on your brand, more fans, and more customers!) Now approved for 15 CEUs!
#2: Pending Topic Idea: Top List Building Strategies – Learn how to build a list of true fans.
(So you can nurture that relationship and create irresistible content to solve their problems.)
#3: Pending Topic Idea: Blog Monetization 101 – A review of how to make money from blogging.
(It’s important to understand the bigger picture before diving into your first product. You’ll have so much more success!)
** Potential topics for courses #2 and #3 will be voted on by all Business Bootcamp members before we determine the final topics. I want to make sure I’m creating the courses that YOU want!
Future potential topics include in-depth tutorials on:
- Creating and selling e-courses
- Building and running a membership site
- Automating your business so you can work less and earn more
- Using social media strategically to build your brand
And more! I’m totally open to suggestions.
Each course will be 6 weeks long, followed by two months of implementation before the next live course starts.
Once a LIVE course is completed, it will remain archived on the website for future access (so the content will naturally build on itself over time!)
More deets on the “SEO Made Simple” course:
This course will teach you the 4 pillars of SEO and exactly how to implement them to start getting a HUGE boost in free traffic from Google.
The course will roll out LIVE over 6 weeks, beginning on Wednesday, Jan 16th:
By the end of the course, you will understand how to:
Effortlessly attract your ideal client by creating content they are searching for.
Write killer content that Google and your readers will love.
Build your organic search traffic to at least 25,000 sessions per month so you can start earning REAL ad revenue ($1k+/mo).
Network online to build more links to your website.
Speed up your site and improve the user experience (very important to Google!)
And earn 15 CEUs!
P.S. It’s not JUST me you’ll be learning from.
We’ve got some amazing guest-lecturers as well:
Dietitian, Blogger @ Snacking in Sneakers
Chrissy has been blogging since 2014, but didn’t get serious about SEO until early 2018. Since implementing the tactics we’ll be covering in this course, Chrissy has gone from roughly 5k sessions per month from Google, to over 20k sessions per month and is able to earn a fulltime income from her blog.
Dietitian, Blogger @ The Keto Queens
Lara has been co-running The Keto Queens blog since August 2017 and started implementing SEO strategy in April 2018. Since then, the blog has gone from just a few hundred sessions per month from Google to over 200k sessions per month, and Lara is regularly earning more than $10,000/month!!! Amazing!!!
Dietitian, Blogger @ KelseyKinney.com
Kelsey is a great example of a successful nutrition blogger who is NOT focused on recipes. She has been blogging on her site since 2012, but only started to get serious about SEO in mid-2018. By implementing a real SEO strategy, Kelsey has been able to quadruple traffic to her most popular posts and start earning hundreds per month from strategically-placed affiliate links.
Sound great? We’d love to have you!
Enrollment is now closed, but will open again in May 2019.
Founder of The Unconventional RD
Believe it or not, I’ve been dabbling in the blogging world since 2010!
It all started with a food blog.
One that I created before going back to grad school for my master’s in nutrition.
I built it from scratch, and it was kind of a mess, but the food blogging space was a lot less crowded back then, so it did okay!
It started to pick up some traffic and momentum, but I eventually stopped posting consistently when school, work, and the dietetic internship program became too much.
But my dreams of running an internet business didn’t stop!
Flash forward to 2015, I was officially a dietitian and ready to get serious.
I scrapped my old blog and started over with a new one under my own name at ericajulson.com, to give me some flexibility in finding my niche.
I started food blogging again and posted several times per week for almost 2 years.
But guess what I didn’t do?
I didn’t treat my blog as a business!!!
I had no clear niche, no person I was solving a problem for, no raving fans, no grand plan for monetization, and worst of all, NO social media or SEO strategy. Yikes!
Despite all of those setbacks, I was still able to grow my blog into a site that regularly received 10k pageviews per month.
But oh my gosh, I can’t even imagine how much faster it could have grown if I’d had even an ounce of awareness of how to run a blog as a BUSINESS, rather than a hobby.
At this point, my blog was just starting to pick up visibility, but it wasn’t earning much money (like, under $50/mo).
In 2017, I switched gears a bit.
I decided to take a step back and re-evaluate what the heck I was doing in the online space.
After mulling over what I’m truly great at (writing and educating), I decided to create a membership site, The Functional Nutrition Library.
This time, I vowed to take an entirely different approach and treat my site as a business from the start.
And wow, the results were amazing!
I went from making ~$500/year from my food blog to earning $25,000 from my membership site in its first year and a half, plus an additional $14k+ in affiliate income.
And that’s without spending a dime on advertising. 100% grassroots!
Now that the FNL has entered its second year of business, I’ve launched a new blog to go along with it, called Functional Nutrition Answers.
Things have finally come full circle, and I have the opportunity to do things correctly from the start and watch this new blog grow. 🙂
I can’t wait to use all of the online strategies I’ve learned to build it into a successful blog that funnels readers into customers of the FNL.
(Say what?? Am I learning from my mistakes and blogging strategically now?? Score!)
And I have to say, I’m super stoked to share this journey with you.
I’ve learned so so much about online business over the last 8 years (mostly by trying and failing a few times), and I just can’t keep it to myself anymore!
I’ve been feeling an undeniably strong pull to create something MORE helpful for you guys than just the free Unconventional RD Facebook Community.
I mean, that’s great and all, but how much BETTER would it be to have a clear roadmap to guide you along the process of building a profitable online business??
And access to myself and other experts to answer your questions?
And a community of peers to celebrate each step with?
If this sounds like a great fit for you, I’d love to have you join as a member!
Let’s collaborate, learn, grow, and become badass business mavens together!
Got a few more questions? Let’s dig in!
Should I already have a website before joining?
While not required, it would definitely help! Our first bootcamp will focus on search engine optimization (SEO) strategies, so you will get the most out of it if you already have a website to implement the strategies on.
No website yet? No worries! I’ll be creating more content on website development in the future, so stay tuned!
Is this a good fit for private practice dietitians?
If you currently see clients 1:1 but wish to expand your revenue streams and create passive income, then this is the place for you!
We will cover all sorts of strategies for creating income without trading your time directly for dollars.
However, if you ONLY want to build a virtual private practice and see clients 1:1, that will NOT be covered within the bootcamps.
How long will I have access to the content?
This will vary, depending on which membership you purchased.
There are 3 options:
- Monthly Member – Monthly members will maintain access to ALL of the bootcamp content for as long as they are active paying members. Monthly membership plans automatically renew month to month, but can be paused, resumed, or canceled at any time, no questions asked, within the member dashboard.
- Annual Member – Annual members will have access to ALL of the bootcamp content for 1 year from the time of purchase. After 1 year, the membership will automatically renew and you will have access for another full year. Annual plans can be paused, resumed, or canceled at any time within the member dashboard.
- Single Course Purchases – If you don’t want to join the bootcamp & prefer to work through a course on your own time, you can purchase each course individually as well. Course purchases are one-time, non-recurring fees that provide you with lifetime access to the content in that course only. You can purchase as many courses as you would like.
Will I have direct access to Erica?
All bootcamp members are invited to participate in virtual “office hours” with Erica.
During each 6-week bootcamp – Office hours will be held every Monday, from 9am to 10am Pacific Time. (A link to join the virtual conference call will be sent out each week).
Between bootcamps – Office hours will be held once per month, on the 2nd Monday of each month, between 9am and 10am Pacific Time.
Office hours are an opportunity to ask questions and get answers directly from Erica.
All calls will be recorded and archived for later viewing.
If only a few members show up to the live call, it’s basically a mini coaching session for those members!
Erica is also dedicated to making sure that every question asked within the member forum receives a timely and helpful answer, so you’ll never be left hanging.
Can I access the content if I cancel?
All content is available for active paying members. Once you cancel, access will expire at the end of your payment period. But you can always re-join at any time!
Do I have to use WordPress to get value out of the courses?
Not at all! While many of the strategies we will discuss are easiest to implement on a self-hosted WordPress website, we will review other options like Wix and Squarespace as well.
Are there CEUs available?
Yes! The 6-week SEO course has been approved for 15 CEUs 🙂
Who is the bootcamp for?
- Dietitians or bloggers who want to transform their hobby blog into a full-fledged business.
- Entrepreneurs (new or experienced) with a clear niche who are ready to jump in and build an online business.
- RDs who see clients 1:1 but are dying to move away from that model and create more passive income.
- Anyone interested in passive income sources, including online courses, membership site, ad revenue, sponsored posts, affiliate income and more.
Who is the bootcamp NOT for?
- Dietitians who ONLY want to run full-time private practices. We won’t be covering those topics in the bootcamp!
- Entrepreneurs without a clear niche. You’ll get the most out of these lessons if you know your target customer.
- Anyone looking for instant ways to get rich online. All of the tactics covered require months or years of consistent action to see results.
- Those who don’t like creating content. We will be doing tons of content creation throughout the bootcamp, so it’s important that you enjoy creating in some form, be it writing, film, or audio! (Or at least have a plan for hiring out this part!)